MSD Offers SIUE ERTC Scholarships
Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (SIUE)and the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District (MSD) have
teamed up to create scholarships for Water Quality Control Operations Program at the Environmental Resource Training Center (ERTC) of SIUE.
A limited number of academic scholarships are available for minority and women candidates in the MSD service area, but anyone is eligible to enroll in the ERTC program.
MSD will hold an information session regarding ERTC program and scholarship on May 15, 2017, at 1pm - 2017 ERTC Flyer.
Water Quality Control Operations Program
- 11 months in length (August - July)
- $9,800 total tuition
- At the end of the program, certifications in Water Quality will be obtained in the states of Missouri and Illinois
- ERTC will help in job placement
- Additional details of program - ERTC Program Information
FACT: 35% of MSD Treatment Plant Operators are eligible for retirement.
MSD's goal is to provide minorities and women within the MSD service area with opportunities for education, internships, and employment that promote career choices in the wastewater and stormwater treatment plant industry.
MSD Minority Scholarship
- $3,500 towards tuition and fees while enrolled and attending the ERTC Water Quality Control Operations Program and in good standing
- 3 scholarships are available to minority and women candidates
- Must have graduated from High School or obtained a GED
- Currently open to minority and women candidates who reside within the District’s service area. (St. Louis City or St. Louis County)
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA
- 5-week, 40-hour work week, PAID internships will be provided for scholarship recipients ($13/hr)
- Cannot be an immediate family member or reside in the same household of a MSD employee
- Deadline for this application period was July 1, 2017. Please check back on this page in spring 2018 for an update.
- 2017 ERTC Scholarship Application
- 2017 MSD Scholarship Qualifications
MSD will make efforts to place an ERTC scholarship graduates in full time positions, if vacancies occur. The minimum starting salary of ERTC graduates start around $38,000/per year.
For more information regarding the ERTC Scholarship, please contact Kimberly Callen at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (314) 768-6326.