MSD Offers SIUE ERTC Scholarships
Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (SIUE)and the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District (MSD) have
teamed up to create scholarships for Water Quality Control Operations Program at the Environmental Resource Training Center (ERTC) of SIUE.
A limited number of academic scholarships are available for minority and women candidates in the MSD service area, but anyone is eligible to enroll in the ERTC program.
Water Quality Control Operations Program
- 11 months in length (August - July)
- Fully paid tuition in addition to a $1000 stipend to scholarship recepient
- At the end of the program, certifications in Water Quality will be obtained in the states of Missouri and Illinois
- ERTC will help in job placement
- Additional details of program - ERTC Program Information
FACT: 35% of MSD Treatment Plant Operators are eligible for retirement.
MSD's goal is to provide minorities and women within the MSD service area with opportunities for education, internships, and employment that promote career choices in the wastewater and stormwater treatment plant industry.
MSD Minority Scholarship
- Fully paid tuition and fees for scholarship recipient while enrolled and attending the ERTC Water Quality Control Operations Program and in good standing
- Must have graduated from High School or obtained a GED
- Currently open to minority and women candidates who reside within the District’s service area. (St. Louis City or St. Louis County)
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA
- 5-week, 40-hour work week, PAID internships will be provided for scholarship recipients ($13/hr)
- Cannot be an immediate family member or reside in the same household of a MSD employee
- Deadline for this application period was Aug 2, 2019. Please check back on this page in spring 2020 for an update.
- 2019 ERTC Scholarship Application
MSD will make efforts to place an ERTC scholarship graduates in full time positions, if vacancies occur. The minimum starting salary of ERTC graduates start around $38,000/per year.
For more information regarding the ERTC Scholarship, please contact Kimberly Callen at email@example.com or phone (314) 768-6326.