Next Steps Stormwater Services
You are invited to share your opinion at one of seven meetings the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District (MSD) is hosting to discuss options for next steps in stormwater services for flooding and erosion.
In April 2016, area voters approved Proposition S, which equalized stormwater operation and maintenance for all customers in MSD’s service area.
While the passage of Proposition S was a significant milestone, it did not address future capital projects covering flood and erosion issues. Accordingly, MSD is starting the process of developing a proposal that will address these District-wide stormwater issues.
Each meeting will cover the same material, and will include a presentation followed by a question and answer period. Attendees will also have the opportunity to express their opinions on addressing these issues via a survey. Meetings will take place at:
• Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., YMCA O'Fallon Park Rec Complex, 4343 West Florissant Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63115.
• Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., Hazelwood Community Center, 1186 Teson Road, Hazelwood, MO 63042.
• Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., YMCA Carondelet Park Rec Complex, 930 Holly Hills Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63111.
• Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., Center of Clayton, 50 Gay Avenue, Clayton, MO 63105.
• Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., Washington Middle School, 5165 Ambs Road, St. Louis, MO 63128.
•Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., MSD Administrative Offices, 2350 Market Street, Room 109, St. Louis, MO 63103.
•Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., The Pointe at Ballwin Commons, #1 Ballwin Commons Circle, Ballwin, MO 63021.
Please plan to attend and share your opinions. Any proposed solution is subject to future review by the Rate Commission, approval by the Board of Trustees, and a vote of MSD customers.