We're here around the clock to serve you!
Who to call
|For sewer repair services:
|For non-emergency sewer issues:
|Billing & account information:
Please contact MSD if:
- Sewage backs up into your home or building through a floor drain.
- You smell sewage outside your home.
- A manhole cover is missing or out of place.
- Your stormwater inlet is blocked.
- The storm sewers along your street need to be cleaned or repaired
- A cave-in or ground settlement develops in your yard or street near a sanitary or storm sewer.
When the issue is urgent, we will send a maintenance crew to your home, usually within a few hours. Urgent situations include raw sewage found inside or outside of the house, missing manhole covers, and flooded streets.
During especially heavy rainfall, we may receive hundreds of phone calls and must prioritize our response according to the immediate threats to our community's health and safety. Because of our limited resources, it may take from a few hours to a few days before a crew responds. In most cases, crews will not need to enter the customer's home or business to respond to the complaint.
We also follow up on reports of non-urgent cave-ins and settlements, typically within a few weeks.